The Fate of the Furious
Family no more.
The Fate of the Furious (Alternatively, it is known as F8 and titled on-screen Fast & Furious 8 Internationally) is an action thriller film directed and written by Chris Morgan in 2017. It is the sequel to Furious 7 (2015) and the eighth instalment of the Fast & Furious franchise. Vin Diesel, Dwayne John, Jason Statham and Michelle Rodriguez star in the film. Charlize Theron, Scott Eastwood (Scott Eastwood), Nathalie Emanuel, Elsa Pataky and Kurt Russell are also featured. The film shows Dominic Toretto, who has settled down with Letty Ortiz. However, cyberterrorist Cipher forces him to work for his team and makes him rebel against him.
The plans for the eighth instalment were announced by Diesel on Jimmy Kimmel Live! in March 2015. He announced that the film would take place in New York City. The film’s preparations began right after the release of Furious 7. Diesel, Morgan and Neal H. Moritz all resigned. Casting took place between April to June after the initial release date was set. Gray was chosen to replace James Wan, who directed the last instalment. Principal photography began in March 2016 in locations like Myvatn and Havana, Atlanta and Cleveland. This continues the franchise’s tradition of filming all over the globe. It is one of the most expensive films to be made, with a production budget estimated at $270 million.
The Fate of the Furious premiered at Berlin’s April 4, 2017. It was theatrically released by Universal Pictures in the United States in IMAX and conventional theatres on April 14. Many critics gave the film mixed reviews, praising the action sequences and performances, but not enough to justify its release. The film grossed over $1.2 billion worldwide, making it the nineteenth film (and the second in the franchise, after Furious 7) to gross over $1 billion, the third-highest-grossing film of 2017 eleventh highest-grossing film of all time. The film’s opening weekend also saw it gross $541.9 million globally, making it the largest-grossing global opening until the release of Avengers Infinity War (2018). The sequel, F9, was released internationally in May 2021 and in the United States in July 2021.
Additional information about the characters: List Fast & Furious Characters
- Vin Diesel plays Dominic Toretto (a former criminal and professional street racer who has now retired and settled down in his home with Letty).
- Dwayne Johnson as Luke Hobbs, a former Diplomatic Security Service (DSS) agent who allied with Dom and his team following their outings in Rio de Janeiro and Europe.
- Jason Statham as Deckard Shaw, a rogue British Special Forces assassin imprisoned by Hobbs and the DSS after his defeat in Los Angeles, who serves as an ally to help Dom’s team take down Cipher.
- Michelle Rodriguez as Letty Ortiz, Dom’s wife and a former professional street racer and the stepmother of Brian Marcos.
- Tyrese Gibson plays Roman Pearce in the film. He is a former criminal from Barstow who was a member of Dom’s team.
- Chris “Ludacris” Bridges plays Tej Parker, a mechanic from Miami who is a member of Dom’s team.
- Scott Eastwood as Eric Reisner / Little Nobody, a law enforcement agent, is working under Mr Nobody.
- Nathalie Emmanuel plays the role of Ramsey, a British hacktivist and a member Dom’s team.
- Elsa Pataky portrays Elena Neves, Brian Marcos’ biological mother. She is a former Rio de Janeiro officer and moved to the United States in order to be Hobbs’ partner at DSS.
- Kurt Russell plays Mr Nobody. He is an intelligence operative who leads a covert operations team that previously helped Dom and his team to take down Deckard in Abu Dhabi.
- Kristofer Hivju portrays Cipher’s enforcer, Connor Rhodes.
- Charlize Theron as Cipher, a criminal mastermind and cyberterrorist who coerces Dom into working against his team by holding Elena and their son hostage.
Tego Calderon, Don Omar, and Rico Santos reprise their roles from previous films. Luke Evans appears as Owen Shaw. Celestino Cornielle plays Raldo, a street-racer who earns Dom’s respect.
User Review( votes)