Fast & Furious 6
All roads lead to this
Fast & Furious 6 (titled as Furious 6) is an American action film that was directed and written by Chris Morgan in 2013. It is the sequel to Fast Five(2011) and the sixth instalment of the Fast & Furious franchise. Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and Michelle Rodriguez star in the film. The film features Dominic Toretto and Brian O’Conner as the protagonists. They are offered amnesty in return for their past crimes. One member of the mercenary group is Toretto’s presumed deceased lover, Letty Ortiz.
Fast & Furious 6 is a departure from the street racing theme of Fast Five. It features spy and adventure elements in an effort to grow the series’ viewership. The film’s preparations began in April 2011. Diesel and Lin returned to the set that June. There were discussions about filming alongside a seventh instalment. These discussions were dropped once principal photography began in July 2012. Principal photography lasted until December 2012 with locations such as Los Angeles, London and Glasgow.
Fast & Furious6 was premiered in London, May 17, 2013. It was theatrically released worldwide by Universal Pictures in conventional and IMAX theatres on May 24, 2013. It received mostly positive reviews from critics. They were particularly impressed by the action sequences and stunts. It grossed $788.7 million worldwide, making it the sixth-highest-grossing film of 2013, the then-fourth highest-grossing film distributed by Universal, and the then-highest grossing instalment in the franchise. On April 3, 2015, the sequel, Furious 7, was released in America.
Additional information about the characters: List Fast & Furious Characters
- Vin Diesel plays Dominic Toretto (a former criminal and professional street-racer who retired following their successful heist in Brazil of $100 million. He is now staying with Elena.
- Paul Walker plays Brian O’Conner (an ex-FBI agent who became a criminal and professional street runner). He has now retired with Mia and their son Jack.
- Dwayne Johnson portrays Luke Hobbs, a loyal agent for the Diplomatic Security Service. Luke is an ally of Dom after his encounter with Dom and his team at Rio de Janeiro.
- Michelle Rodriguez portrays Letty Ortiz, Dom’s wife and suffers from amnesia. She was presumed dead in Furious (2009) after she was undercover as Brian’s informant.
- Jordana Brewster plays Mia Toretto (Damian’s sister and former member of his team) and Brian’s girlfriend, mother of his child.
- Tyrese Gibson plays Roman Pearce (a former criminal from Barstow, Brian’s childhood friend and a member Dom’s team).
- Chris “Ludacris” Bridges plays Tej Parker, an ex-street racer and mechanic. Roman and Brian’s friend was also introduced in Miami and is also Dom’s team member.
- Sung Kang is also known as Han Seoul-Oh. He is a pseudonym for Han Lue, a professional street runner and Dom’s former business partner. He is also a member of his team. He has a relationship with Gisele.
- Gal Gadot portrays Gisele Yashar (an ex-Mossad agent) who helped Dom and Brian capture him by revealing the hideout in Mexico. Since then, she has been a member of Dom’s team. Han is her partner.
- Luke Evans plays Owen Shaw, an ex-soldier of the British SAS who leads a group of skilled mercenaries in stealing high-tech gadgets worth billions on the black market. He hijacked a military convoy and brought Dom into conflict.
- Gina Carano portrays Riley Hicks, DSS agent and Hobbs’s partner, as he tries to kill Shaw.
- Elsa Pataky portrays Elena Neves (a former Rio police officer), who is currently in a relationship with Dom.
John Ortiz reprises his role of Arturo Braga in the fourth film briefly. Shea Whigham is also back as FBI Agent Stasiak. Clara Paget plays Shaw, Kim Kold plays Klaus, Joe Taslim is Jah, David Ajala portrays Ivory, Thure Langhardt as Firuz, and Benjamin Davies is Adolfson as Shaw’s team members. Rita Ora has an uncredited cameo role as a race starter in London, and Jason Statham
User Review( votes)