Justice is coming.
F9, Also known as F9: The Fast Saga And Fast & Furious 9 is an American action film from 2021 directed by Justin Lin, based on a screenplay written by Daniel Casey and Lin. It is the sequel to The Fate of the Furious(2017) is the ninth chapter and the tenth feature-length film in The Continuum Fast & Furious franchise. The film stars Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Tyrese Gibson, Chris “Ludacris” Bridges, John Cena, Nathalie Emmanuel, Jordana Brewster, Sung Kang, Michael Rooker, Helen Mirren, Kurt Russell, and Charlize Theron. In F9, Dominic Toretto, the team, and Jakob Toretto, Toretto’s younger brother, come together to stop an utterly devastating plot.
Lin has had a ninth and tenth film in the pipeline since 2014. Lin was confirmed to direct F9 in October 2017. This is Lin’s first time directing Fast & Furious 6 (2013). F9 marks the first film in the franchise since The Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift (2003). It was not written by Chris Morgan. Cena was added to the cast in June 2019, and principal photography started that month. Filming locations included London, Los Angeles and Tbilisi.
F9 was initially scheduled to be released worldwide by Universal Pictures in April 2020. However, it was delayed multiple times due to the release of Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw (2019) and the planned release of No Time to Die (2021). Then there was the COVID-19 pandemic. The film premiered in South Korea was released internationally on May 19, 2021, and in the United States on June 25, 2021. It received mixed reviews, with praises for Lin’s direction and stunts. However, critics were critical of the film’s unrealistic action sequences as well as its formulaic script. It has grossed over $621 million worldwide as of July 2021, making it the third-highest-grossing film of 2021, the highest-grossing American film of 2021, and the highest-grossing English-language film of 2021. Two sequels are currently in development.
Additional information about the characters: List Fast & Furious Characters
- Vin Diesel portrays Dominic Toretto (a former criminal and professional street racer who has now retired with his wife Letty and their son Brian Marcos).
- Vincent Sinclair portrays young Dominic.
- Vinnie Bennett portrays teenage Dominic.
- Michelle Rodriguez is Letty Ortiz, Dom’s wife, and a former criminal and professional street racer.
- Tyrese Gibson portrays Roman Pearce, an exhabitual offender who is a member of Dom’s team.
- Chris “Ludacris” Bridges plays Tej Parker, a mechanic from Miami who is a member of Dom’s team.
- John Cena plays Jakob Toretto (Dom and Mia’s younger brother), who works as a master thief and assassin and as a high-performance driver.
- Finn Cole portrays young Jakob.
- Nathalie Emmanuel plays the role of Ramsey, a British hacktivist and a member Dom’s team.
- Jordana Brewster as Mia Toretto, Dom and Jakob’s sister and a former member of his team who has settled down with her partner, Brian O’Conner, and their two children.
- Sung Kang as Han Lue, a former member of Dom’s team who was believed to have been killed.
- Michael Rooker is Buddy.
- Helen Mirren as Magdalene “Queenie” Shaw, the mother of Dom’s former enemies Owen and Deckard.
- Kurt Russell plays Mr Nobody. He is an intelligence operative who leads a covert operations team.
- Charlize Theron as Cipher, a criminal mastermind and cyberterrorist.
Anna Sawai plays Elle. Thue Erdsted Rasmussen portrays Otto. J. D. Pardo portrays Jack Toretto. Jim Parrack portrays Kenny Linder. Martyn Ford portrays Sue. Cardi B portrays Leysa. Cardi B portrays Leysa. Sienna Agudong and Azia Dineahale portray the young versions of Vince, Vince, and Jesse.
Don Omar, Lucas Black and Shea Whigham return to their roles as Sean Boswell and Santos from previous films. Bow Wow and Jason Tobin reprise their roles from The Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006). Jason Statham is uncredited during the credits as Deckard Shaw.
User Review( votes)